Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Well, the year is drawing to a close and what better time to pass on the tags that I have procrastinated in passing on...
Firstly, from the wonderful Hollie of Vegan and Vintage, a truly inspiring blogger and committed vegan. It's such an honour to be considered for this award, just because of this incredible personal journey of mine this year. Especially as I never intended to make this resolution for any recognition, it was just for myself. (That's why it took me 8 whole months after starting before the idea of documenting it via blog even occurred to me!)
What it means: this award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.
Being an animal welfare advocate myself, I'd like to pass this onto Sally Jane, as I love the idea that you can look that fantastic while still retaining a conscience of sorts.
The next one is from the lovely Ana B. of On Dressing Up as well as the wonderfully talented photographer extraordinaire, Blair. (Wow, that kind of rhymed a little).
Attached to it is this text:
This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships.
These blogs are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.
They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement!
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut,
even more friendships are propagated.
Please give more attention to these writers!
Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more
and include this clever-written text into the body of their award.
This one I'd like to pass to:
Trish Hunter Finds
Lavender and Yolk
Fashion Hayley Hits Home
I'm not Antisocial
Sea of Ghosts
Lastly, a 6 random things about me, tagged by the lovely Brook . I'm bad at making lists about myself, so I'll see if I can come up with six.
1) My full name is Mandarin Chinese, and means "Bright and Colourful". Very appropriate methinks!
2) I was never allowed pets when I was younger, however I now spend the entirety of my working day working with animals.
3) I'm not very confident riding bikes especially when there are cars around. This is a pity as I do own a gorgeous vintage '80s Peugeot and long for nothing more than to go cruising down Brunswick St with green veggies in my bicycle basket.
4) My favourite food, and biggest weakness, is hot chips. I love them so much I have to limit myself to only eating them once a month.
5) I don't have a very addictive personality, but I suffer greatly if I don't get my one daily morning coffee.
6) I was vegan for about 7 years, and only went back to vegetarianism when I moved in with my (chocolate loving) boyfriend. However I do aspire to get back to veganism, maybe there's a new resolution at hand?
Wow, that was a loooong post! Hopefully I'll get to post before the new year is out. I can't believe my year of buying nothing new is ending, it feels so surreal.