Thursday, January 15, 2009

Feel like a broken dream, I'm walking through a smoke machine

As of this week, I've taken an indefinite hiatus from my full time job to focus on two things. One, planning for an overseas trip, and secondly to focus on some of my other interests.

For a long time I've been planning to spend at least a year working, travelling and doing volunteer work around the globe. I'm not sure what I'll do with only a back-pack-full of my clothes for a year, I guess I'll have to get creative and stock up when we finally settle in London. In the meantime I've been trying to wear some of the more neglected things in my wardrobe, like the outfit for tonight (I especially love the huge bow on the skirt):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


So the next few months will involve boring things like applying for a visa and lining up jobs and accommodation, as well as painting, sewing, baking, reading and basically enjoying the last of my time in Melbourne! I've also managed to amass a huge collection of vintage clothes that I don't wear so will set up a store sometime soon. Stay tuned!


Top: Tina Kalivas for Target - given to me by my mother ages ago and never worn
Skirt: Vintage, thrifted way back when I was in high school
Shoes: Thrifted recently from Northcote opshop

18 comments:

Lavender said...

oh that's wonderful, how exciting.

Unknown said...

The outfit is gorgeous!

I'm super jealous you're going overseas, even the boring planning stuff doesn't have to seem so bad cause you're thinking about the holiday before you go ;) Hope there will still be photos along the way! xx

brodie said...

that is such a fabulous skirt! i'm a sucker for anything with bows...and sequins...
i'm sewing the last few dozen sequins onto my birthday dress right now actually (well, not RIGHT now, as i'm using my fingers for typing instead of sewing...but it's right next to me!) and it's got a great bow on it as well!

oniomania said...

london how ecxiting, great place to shop so bring an empty bag...
and thank you for following my blog :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you! I have dreamed about doing something similar but I know it's not an option for us right now. I know it takes a lot of courage to leave everything behind - so well done and the best of luck!

I will be super keen to check out what you are getting rid of!

WendyB said...

I love a big bow.

esme and the laneway said...

Fabulous skirt!

Good luck with the visa etc – I know what that's like :) Going over seas is so exciting!

And I am def interested in the store.

Sharlovely said...

I LOVE that skirt! Super cute!!!

And congrats on london!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

I love those shoes so so so much! You look adorable, especially in the first picture.

Please tell me you are going to sell on etsy. I really want to see more local etsy sellers!

j. said...

Totally love the varying shades of blue-- and your shoes are waaaay cute!

xo

V

Pearls and Peonies said...

It sounds just wonderful to spend a year abroad! I really hope I can do something like that one day. I've been thinking of teaching English abroad after I graduate, and I dream of moving to Europe permanently. I hope your trip is filled with lots of fun and excitement! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice outfit, I love the bow and the blue shoes !

Andrea Eames said...

This outfit is one of my favourites of yours! Really lovely. I too like the huge bow. :)

How exciting about your trip, as well. I really admire you for doing it.

Skye said...

How very thrilling! I love big adventures, and that skirt too!

SHIZUKA said...

gorgeous skirt totally suits you and i love your new header:) hope this yr goes well for you too! x

thevintageyear said...

Thank you all for your well wishes and lovely thoughts! x

Unknown said...

What a remarkable outfit, hun! The blue is your colour for sure.

incest sex stories archive said...

Ripped up garments in the trash can. We would hire babysitters.
nifty gay stories archive
mature fuck stories
free stories beastiality
xnxx stories my big cock
dog on woman sex stories true
Ripped up garments in the trash can. We would hire babysitters.