Sunday, October 12, 2008

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

This weekend has been so beautiful - both in weather and experiences. It was warm enough at dusk to go for a stroll in our neighbourhood park, amongst the trees and the low light of the evening sun.

park1

park2

I've shown this dress before on this blog, but I wore it with black tights last time, which in retrospect looked too severe. It may not be obvious in these pictures but the tights are a pretty teal colour.

park4

Photobucket

Sunset is one of my favourite times of day. Everything looks so whimsical in the failing light. I love the long shadows that are strewn towards the east.

park7


Dress - Northcote op shop
Belt - Northcote op shop
Bag - Newport op shop
Tights - Sportsgirl, from 2007
Boots - Ebay

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh your dress is so gorgeous! I love warm evenings, if only my bogan suburb had beautiful scenery :(

Rox said...

That's a jaw-droppingly pretty dress!

esme and the laneway said...

Beautiful! I love these pics!

Jen said...

Beautiful dress and the lighting in these is absolutely amazing!!

Andrea Eames said...

That dress is so lovely :)

SHIZUKA said...

i love your dress and oxfords. this is a style id totally go for! if only i owned a pair of oxfords:) i saw some at the Camberwell market but didn't buy them :'(

thevintageyear said...

Miss Karen: I love warm evenings too, and that's a shame you don't have beautiful places in your suburb :(

Rox: thank you, I think so too!

Esme: thank you!

The Paper Doll: I love the lighting too, we couldn't resist taking photos on such a beautiful evening :)

A cat of impossible colour: yes, I think so too! thank you!

Heartofpearl: that's a shame about the Camberwell market oxfords, but I hope you find an even better pair in your future adventures!

Missa said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photos, especially that first one! The outfit is perfection, love those tights :)

thevintageyear said...

Missa: thanks!

Trish Hunter said...

Hellooo
What a novel idea for a blog!
I love the idea. Something original to follow!!

It's kind of like a movie but you get to watch it all year. Very intriguing.

Anyway thanks for saying hi, I'll definitely be following this blog.
Very clever.

I do wonder what you will do next year though? haha

lisa lindøe said...

such pretty boots.
x